Wake locks have to do with CPU state, not with service lifecycle. If you
don't need the service at some point, call stopself or stopservice.

--
Kostya Vasilyev -- http://kmansoft.wordpress.com

25.07.2010 19:52 пользователь "Bret Foreman" <bret.fore...@gmail.com>
написал:

Well, my understanding from the docs is that once a service has the
wake lock cleared and no other services or activities are bound to it
then it should be destroyed in a short time. But it's only a small
change to my application logic to explicitly have the service call its
stopSelf when the main application exits.