Hi...  :)

I am trying to start an activity and have that activity blur/dim over
the current activity just like you do the same with the dialog
widget... and I have tried reasonably all I can find on the web and I
am not able to get it working...  :(

On ActivityMain.java, I am using this code to start a new activity on
button click...

public void onClick(View v)
{
        Intent intent = new Intent(ActivityMain.this,
com.cyanblue.activitytest.ActivitySub.class);
        startActivityForResult(intent, 0);
}

In onCreate of the ActivitySub, I have tried these two examples which
does not work at all...

        getWindow().setFlags(WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_BLUR_BEHIND,
WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_BLUR_BEHIND);

        WindowManager.LayoutParams lp = getWindow().getAttributes();
        lp.dimAmount = 0.0f;
        getWindow().setAttributes(lp);
        getWindow().addFlags(WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_BLUR_BEHIND);

and I am about to give up after trying this for 4 nights after
work...  and I feel like it is not supposed to work or something...

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong???

I feel like startActivityForResult closes the current activity and run
new activity till it gets the result back not like the dialog which
runs on top of the current activity...  Is there any way to do this on
multiple acitivities???

Thank you...  :)

CyanBlue