And I would probably do a little reading to better understand the Android
platform...
http://developer.android.com/guide/index.html
http://developer.android.com/resources/faq/commontasks.html
http://developer.android.com/resources/faq/framework.html

Read everything above... it will help you solve lots of problems.
There are only 10 types of people in the world...
Those who know binary and those who don't.