I have the same question. And even if they are done with it, I have
another question: how do you suppose the user will react when he sees
it auto-close? That is, do you really think the user expects this? I
am not aware of any other app that does this, the user's expectation
is based on these other apps, a "de facto standard" has emerged. That
standard is: let the user close it.

Ruby programmers like to talk about "the principle of least surprise":
the principle applies at least as well to UI design as it does to
code.