For anyone else experiencing the same issue, see:
http://blogs.infosupport.com/blogs/peterhe/archive/2010/07/18/eclipse-helios-and-sun-oracle-update-21.aspx

PS: I uninstalled 1.6u21 and re-installed 1.6u20, but then Eclipse
wouldn't start at all (JVM terminated error). Turns out you can't use
the x64 version of Java! What a PIA...