You are not alone.
The emulator image built from 8.0.0 release
is totally broken. The issue is tracked in

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/66066209

You can follow the instructions to build a bootable
emulator image for 8.0. But it's far from stable
than SDK image download from Google.

There must be more patches to fix that.

J Lee於 2017年9月20日星期三 UTC+8下午11時34分39秒寫道:

> I need help too.
> I have the exact same problem. I built android-8.0.0_r1 and
> android-8.0.0_r11 x86-eng on Ubuntu 14.04 and the both of them have same
> black emulator problem though the builds are sucessful.
> If emulator source is still not stable, is there any way to run the built
> image on the emulator from standard Android SDK?
>

> On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 8:53:58 AM UTC-5, pranker wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have downloaded Android OREO code. (Branch - android-8.0.0_r4).
>>
>> The code builds successfully but on opening the emulator the emulator
>> shows with a black screen and never opens.
>>
>> I get below messages while building.
>>
>> cts/apps/CtsVerifier/Android.mk:72: warning: FindEmulator: find:
>> `cts/apps/CtsVerifier/src/com/android/cts/verifier/backup': No such file or
>> directory
>> build/core/java_common.mk:88: warning: FindEmulator: cd:
>> cts/hostsidetests/appsecurity/test-apps/WriteExternalStorageApp/cts/hostsidetests/appsecurity/test-apps/WriteExternalStorageApp/res:
>>
>> No such file or directory
>> build/core/java_common.mk:88: warning: FindEmulator: cd:
>> cts/hostsidetests/backup/assets: No such file or directory
>> cts/hostsidetests/os/test-apps/StaticSharedNativeLibProvider/Android.mk:23:
>> warning: FindEmulator: find:
>> `cts/hostsidetests/os/test-apps/StaticSharedNativeLibProvider/src': No such
>> file or directory
>> cts/hostsidetests/os/test-apps/StaticSharedNativeLibProvider1/Android.mk:23:
>> warning: FindEmulator: find:
>> `cts/hostsidetests/os/test-apps/StaticSharedNativeLibProvider1/src': No
>> such file or directory
>> cts/tests/tests/contactsproviderwipe/Android.mk:33: warning:
>> FindEmulator: find: `cts/tests/tests/contactsproviderwipe/common/src': No
>> such file or directory
>>

>> And the below on running command emulator
>>
>> Your emulator is out of date, please update by launching Android Studio:
>>  - Start Android Studio
>>  - Select menu "Tools > Android > SDK Manager"
>>  - Click "SDK Tools" tab
>>  - Check "Android SDK Tools" checkbox
>>  - Click "OK"
>>
>> My Lunch option is aosp_arm64-eng