Hi,

We are using the Android P preview release where we see that soong build
system has been changed to no longer depend on subdirs ,
and as I understand it will include all the Android.bp files from the root
directory in the Android.bp list.
Actually we are working on a vendor variant of  libart.so and till lately
we could use the conditional environment variable setting to check which
source code to be built.
Thus excluding the Android.bp files for the core variant .
For eg: we have a Module A in both the Android.bp files  located in
different folders for Core and our vendor variant.
We used to read which variant to be built/enabled with an environment
variable setting and include those Android.bp for the variant folder .

But with the latest master of Android P , this seems to be not possible and
we end up in multiple definitions since we have the similar module names in
the Android.bp files for
both core and vendor variants.
I see there is a new feature called VNDK , i tried to use it with "vendor:
true" in Android.bp file but that seems to also not help me.

Can you let me know if an VNDK is an option we can use for this or any
suggestions ?

Regards,
Priyanka

---