The "android-q-preview-1" tag refers to the sources published as part of
this post:

   GPL projects for Android Q Beta 1

   https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-building/alh5sZHhEtU

Please note that it is not a complete release, and only includes GPL
projects.

On Monday, March 18, 2019 at 12:18:59 PM UTC-7, Jacob Abrams wrote:

> Google pushed a tag to AOSP named "android-q-preview-1" a few days ago but
> it is unclear what exactly makes it "Q" since the API level didn't change
> and it appears to be missing new APIs like
> Activity#onTopResumedActivityChanged()
>
> Would be nice if someone could explain what exactly the
> "android-q-preview-1" tag is.
>
> I guess Google won't actually be releasing the source code for Q until
> after they go through several preview releases? It appears that is what
> they did last time with Pie.
>
> Jacob
>
> On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 8:29:47 AM UTC-7, shahul hameed wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jacob,
>>
>> Is Android Q source available? can you share me link to download source.
>>
>> Regards,
>> SkShahul.
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 14, 2019, 11:31 AM Jacob Abrams <satur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Getting the following error when trying to build Q preview aosp generic
>>> aosp_arm:
>>>
>>> ============================================
>>> PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=Q
>>> PLATFORM_VERSION=Q
>>> TARGET_PRODUCT=aosp_arm
>>> TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
>>> TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
>>> TARGET_ARCH=arm
>>> TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
>>> TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=generic
>>> HOST_ARCH=x86_64
>>> HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
>>> HOST_OS=linux
>>> HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-4.15.0-45-generic-x86_64-Ubuntu-16.04.6-LTS
>>> HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
>>> HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
>>> HOST_CROSS_2ND_ARCH=x86_64
>>> HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
>>> BUILD_ID=PI
>>> OUT_DIR=out
>>> ============================================
>>> [100% 134/134] out/soong/.bootstrap/bin/soong_build out/soong/build.ninja
>>> FAILED: out/soong/build.ninja
>>> out/soong/.bootstrap/bin/soong_build -t -l
>>> out/.module_paths/Android.bp.list -b out/soong -n out -d
>>> out/soong/build.ninja.d -globFile out/soong/.bootstrap/build-globs.ninja -o
>>> out/soong/build.ninja Android.bp
>>> error: frameworks/native/libs/gui/Android.bp:20:1: module "libgui"
>>> variant "android_arm_armv7-a-neon_core_shared_asan": links a library
>>> "libselinux" which is not LL-NDK, VNDK-SP, or explicitly marked as
>>> 'double_loadable:true'. (dependency: libgui -> libbufferhubqueue ->
>>> libpdx_default_transport -> libselinux)
>>>
>>> I went to external/selinux/libselinux/Android.bp and added
>>> "double_loadable: true" to that particular module and the build is
>>> continuing now. Not sure what effect that has, but likely needs a fix?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Jacob
>>>
>>> --
>>> --