The error message looks like a runtime denial (possibly due to a SELinux
denial), instead of a change to the package itself. But I can't tell if
it's a known issue based on that line alone. The logs prior to the
exception could be helpful, in particular something with "avc: denied" plus
the name of the FOTA tool. Do you mind filing a bug (public or partner
issue tracker) with more info?

On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 11:44:04 AM UTC-7, Fernando Medina wrote:

> We build our own internal distro of AOSP software and have always created
> OTA files in the following manner for previous AOSP versions:
>
> ./build/tools/releasetools/ota_from_target_files
> dist_output/tardis-target_files.zip ota_update.zip as per documentation.
>
> We have never had issues applying those OTA files, either manually in
> recovery or using our internal FOTA tool.
>
> In Android 9, we build the OTA files and they work when doing it manually
> in recovery, but it fails with our custom FOTA tool that has worked all the
> way through AOSP 8.
>
> We get the following error when our FOTA client tries to apply OTA package.
>
> W/System.err: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /cache/recovery/uncrypt_file
> (Permission denied)
>
> We are not sure if the building of the OTA file has changed or if we are
> missing some new permission we need on FOTA client?  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,

---
"Android Building" group.
to android-building+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.