Hi,

To follow up here as well, a problem with that check is that it's
susceptible to "garbage" output from make targets into $TARGET_OUT. E.g. if
you do "m libcapstone" you'll get the lib in system/lib(64) where it
shouldn't be, and if you after that try "m systemimage" (or "m droid" or
just "m"), this check will fail. What you can do then is clean the target
output tree and make the system image directly:

m installclean && m systemimage

The real issue is that make targets like "m libcapstone" still installs the
libs into the old /system/lib(64) location. They should either install to
the APEX directory, or not exist at all - we haven't yet fully updated the
build system for this.

On Sunday, 14 July 2019 22:49:20 UTC+1, Farhan Ar Rafi wrote:

> *We had some issues regarding .so files missing in an embedded project. I
> add the .so files in system/libs directory under output files and then
> rebuild the system.*
> *I know it's a weir hack, but it works.*
>
> You also have to add the library name in one of the '/build
> <http://aosp.opersys.com/xref/android-8.1.0_r20/xref/build/>/core
> <http://aosp.opersys.com/xref/android-8.1.0_r20/xref/build/core/>/' files
> that contain the list of other libraries.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> On Friday, July 12, 2019 at 6:14:21 PM UTC+6, Priyanka Bose wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are using latest AOSP Android version and we are trying to add a new
>> library "external/capstone:  libcapstone.so"
>> in Art-runtime dependancy (libart module).
>> The problem is we are getting errors related to :
>> *ime.debug/com.android.runtime.debug.apex && touch __SBOX_OUT_FILES__'
>> __SBOX_OUT_DIR__/art-check-debug-apex-gen.dummy       *
>> *--bitness=auto, trying to autodetect. This may be incorrect!
>>                                                      *
>> *  Detected multilib
>>                                                     *
>> *Unexpected file 'lib/libcapstone.so'
>>                                                      *
>> *Unexpected file 'lib64/libcapstone.so' *
>>
>> So added 'libcapstone.so"  in core/main.mk under "APEX_MODULE_LIBS".
>> Also updated “build/apex/*art_apex_test.py*”  to add a check as "
>> self._checker.check_native_library('libz')".
>> But now ending up with errors as " *APEX libraries found in system image
>> (see comment for "check-apex-libs-absence")"*
>>
>> Can you please help us on how can we fix the apex related compilation
>> errors while adding a "libart" dependent shared-lib.
>>
>> Best Regards
>> Priyanka

---
"Android Building" group.