Yes, crosshatch for Pixel3XL works fine. Your Pixel3XL may have older
version of bootloader. You need to upgrade bootloader first before flashing
AOSP phone image.
Download the production phone image
https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/crosshatch-qp1a.190711.019-factory-130c70be.zip

unzip crosshatch-qp1a.190711.019-factory-130c70be.zip
cd crosshatch-qp1a.190711.019
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-crosshatch-b1c1-0.2-5672671.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader

You should be able to do "fastboot flashall -w" after that.