Modules must have unique output names, as the installation rules are always
defined. You should be seeing warnings during the build startup about
duplicate rules for target:

build/make/core/base_rules.mk:481: warning: overriding commands for target
`out/target/product/<device>/product/etc/sysconfig/google.xml'
build/make/core/base_rules.mk:481: warning: ignoring old commands for
target `out/target/product/<device>/product/etc/sysconfig/google.xml'

That's saying that there are two ways to build a specific installation
file, and we may pick one or the other (fairly arbitrarily, and sometimes
using a mix of the two rules).

- Dan