Hi,

On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 7:44 AM danie...@gmail.com <danielmi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The android-11.0.0_r0.64 tag for kernel/msm-modules/fts_touch is incorrect
> for the Pixel 4a. It switched to the Pixel 4 and 4 XL revision of the code
> and doesn't work anymore. The actual driver is now listed as
> kernel/msm-modules/fts_touch_s5. Is there a reason for this? It seems like
> a mistake and is confusing. Ended up building a Pixel 4a kernel without a
> working touchscreen driver and had to figure out what happened. The driver
> wasn't actually updated for either device family this month.

In recent releases, we are making an effort in reducing the numbers of
kernels for different devices.

For Pixel 4/4 XL/4a, a lot of code is being shared (if you look at
kernel/msm, the two can now be built from the same tree with different
build profiles), and the touchscreen driver were from same origin so they
were initially both pushed to fts_touch, but with the unified kernel we
would eventually need two projects for these.

We will be publishing an update to kernel build instructions soon, and when
using kernel/manifest android-msm-sunfish-4.14-android11-qpr2, you should
be able to build sunfish kernel by simply running build/build.sh .

Cheers,