genrule{}
genrule in Android.bp is similar to genrule in Bazel
<https://docs.bazel.build/versions/main/be/general.html#genrule> - it is a
general rule to run a bash command on some input files to generate an
output file. This is natively supported on Android.mk - the equivalent in
Android.mk is LOCAL_BUILT_MODULE. You can use it to define a similar rule
<https://cs.android.com/android/platform/superproject/+/master:system/extras/brillo_config/Android.mk;l=29?q=LOCAL_BUILT_MODULE&start=41>in

your Android.mk

filegroup{}
filegroup is probably a Android.bp specific requirement. There is no
Android.mk equivalent because Android.mk doesn't need it. Android.bp can't
reference files outside its folder and subfolders. So, if any module needs
to access files outside the current folder (say parent folder/sibling
folders) then we use filegroup to reference those files. In Android.mk, you
would just directly specify the files given in srcs: through their relative
path.