Hi,

What I am trying to do is to modify ufs driver included in kernel
(kernel/private/drivers/scsi/ufs/),
and load it to Pixel5a which is flashed with AOSP.

What I did was,
downloaded AOSP source code from
https://source.android.com/setup/build/downloading

built it as barbet and flashed by using
$ fastboot flashall -w

And for modifying ufs driver,
downloaded kernel source (android-msm-barbet-4.19-android12-qpr1) from
https://source.android.com/setup/build/building-kernels

and changed a bit of ufs driver code with printk lines to check how it
works located at
kernel/private/drivers/scsi/ufs/--
(modified files are ufshcd.c, ufs-qcom.c)

And pushed ufshcd-core.ko, ufshcd-pltfrm.ko and ufs-qcom.ko
on pixel5a at /vendor/lib/modules/---
(after remounting the file system as readwrite)
I checked corresponding files were changed successfully.

and after rebooting,
I checked dmesg
and says it initialized ufshcd-core.ko and ufs-qcom.ko located at
/lib/modules/
and prints ufs-qcom related printk lines that were originally included
before I modify...
However, it does not show printk lines I included :"(

Am I doing something wrong to modify the ufs driver kernel module?

I even tried to include ufshcd as builtin and failed to boot...

*Does anyone know how to modify ufs driver on android phones? *

Thanks,
Yoona