On Sun, Aug 14, 2022 at 8:30 AM Michael Goffioul <michael.goffi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 8:58 PM 'Dan Willemsen' via Android Building <
> android-building@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
>> Have you tried to reproduce with a newer version of Android? Android 7 is
>> about 6 years old, so I wouldn't be expecting any changes to it.
>>
>> You may want to talk to your distribution, this could be a configuration
>> change during the kernel upgrade. Breaking existing binaries is something
>> the kernel generally attempts to avoid.
>>

> I agree. So the most probable conclusion is that the problem comes from
> the Android side, not the kernel/distribution side.

After adding debug lines in dex2oatd source code, it appears the error
comes from this line:
https://cs.android.com/android/platform/superproject/+/android-7.1.2_r1:art/runtime/mem_map.cc;l=891
where addr=0x70514000 and flags=00000002. Correct me if I'm wrong, but
given that the mmap flags do not include MAP_FIXED, the provided address is
only interpreted as a hint, there's no guarantee that the mapped address
will be the one provided as argument.