Don't worry, you're not alone, I feel the same way of one letter
method/variable/class names. As a side note, my previous work place
worked with the VA's VistA EHR (not to be confused with Microsoft
Vista). That monster is written in MUMPS. An archaic language that has
no reserved keywords. Also, that system was written in the time when
hardware was expensive so everything was pretty much abbreviated down
to one letter (commands, variables, labels, etc) to save on space.
After that job, I appreciate programmers that write everything out
(and comment their code).

I would actually prefer R to be called Resources, and have method
names spelled out. We have such sophisticated IDE's nowadays that you
don't need to type out the full name, the IDE will spell it out for
you after a few keystrokes. So yes. I would love to see Log.debug,
Log.error, ... and such.