On Mar 26, 9:30 pm, severian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I really hope they fix this API to indicate what has changed, because
> ContentObserver is a nice idea - it allows different frontend and
> backend applications to share a common data pool.

It's a very intentional design.  In fact originally the API did tell
you what changed, but in many cases it is difficult if not near
impossible to provide that information.  The API is primarily designed
for user interface elements like list views, and it turns out that it
is really at least as easy for them to re-query the cursor and
synchronize its new contents with the list, than to try to keep track
of each change that happens and apply that to its representation of
what is in the cursor (and hope that actually stays consistent with
what is in the content provider).

At any rate, it is far far safer to re-synchronize with the current
contents of the content provider, than to try to integrate step-wise
updates and try to actually guarantee that your view of what is in the
provider actually matches its real contents.