I have almost the same problem with Windows 2000.
But as I have noticed, it only happens some times and when debugging.

By the way, some times these messages are shown and eclipse don't
launch the app in the emulator, so I have to kill the eclipse process
and launch it again. May be it's related with the posted problem?

[2008-03-25 12:01:09 - ddms] Exception during activity from Selector.
[2008-03-25 12:01:09 - ddms] null
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.android.ddmlib.Debugger.accept(Debugger.java:139)
        at com.android.ddmlib.Debugger.accept(Debugger.java:122)
        at
com.android.ddmlib.MonitorThread.acceptNewDebugger(MonitorThread.java:
468)
        at
com.android.ddmlib.MonitorThread.processDebuggerActivity(MonitorThread.java:
442)
        at com.android.ddmlib.MonitorThread.run(MonitorThread.java:
262)

Really annoying :(