The solution you mentioned was also the one I found on this forum, and
which requires the task id for the activity to be passed in the
moveTaskToFront method call. Unfortunately, every activity I create
has the same task id. This would not be the case if the activity would
be created with singleInstance, but I detailed the problem I have with
this solution.

Thank you,
Mihai