you should be able to get a better idea of the problem by doing the
following:

- close eclipse
- kill any adb.exe process that is running on your machine
- open a console, go to $SDK/tools
- type "set ADB_TRACE=all"
- type "adb nodaemon server"

this runs the ADB server in the foreground, dumping all traces to the
console

now start Eclipse and try to use it as normal; when the ADB server crashes,
send me the traces you collected until then

thanks in advance