I understand the inherited structure of the LayoutParams (parent--
>child), but still I'm getting an Invalid LayoutParams error no matter
what I do:

XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<TableLayout android:id="@+id/view_contact"
        xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
    android:layout_width="fill_parent"
    android:layout_height="wrap_content"

</TableLayout>

JAVA:

        private void populateData(AndroidContact ac)
        {
                TableLayout tl = (TableLayout)findViewById(R.id.view_contact);

                TableRow tr = null;
                TextView tv=null;
                if (ac.name!=null)
                {
                        (tr = new
TableRow(this)).setLayoutParams(tl.getLayoutParams());
                        (tv = new
TextView(this)).setLayoutParams(tr.getLayoutParams());
                        tv.setText("Name: "+ac.name);
                        tr.addView(tv);
                        tl.addView(tv);
                }
      }

I've also tried:

        private void populateData(AndroidContact ac)
        {
                TableLayout tl = (TableLayout)findViewById(R.id.view_contact);

                TableRow tr = null;
                TextView tv=null;
                if (ac.name!=null)
                {
                        (tr = new TableRow(this)).setLayoutParams(new
TableLayout.LayoutParams());
                        (tv = new TextView(this)).setLayoutParams(new
TableLayout.LayoutParams());
                        tv.setText("Name: "+ac.name);
                        tr.addView(tv);
                        tl.addView(tv);