yeah, i did that without problems, too.
don't have the code anymore, because i wanted the tab for two maps,
and that
realy won't work because MapActivity is restricted to one mapView, it
seems.
Anyway, for one MapView it's easy, you're almost there wiht your code.
Just forget about the setcontent intent and in your xml file add the
mapview
directly
                       <LinearLayout android:id="@+id/content2"
                                android:orientation="vertical"
                                android:layout_width="fill_parent"
                                android:layout_height="fill_parent"
                                android:background="#ff99ccff" >

                                <MapView android:id="@+id/myMapView"

android:layout_width="fill_parent"

android:layout_height="wrap_content"

                        </LinearLayout>
then just call tab2.setContent(R.id.content2);
and that should be all.