wipand wrote:
> I've to update the progress bar dynamically. i.e. while playing the
> audio, i need to show the progress. But there is no listener where i
> can set the progress. How to do that? As the audio plays, i want some
> listener to be called on periodic basis, so that i can set the
> progress.

As someone else suggested, you can use the standard Java Timer/TimerTask
classes in java.util. Just start a periodic timer when playback begins
and stop it when playback ends. When the timer fires, use either a
Handler or UIThreadUtilities#runOnUIThread() to update the progress bar
on the UI thread.

If you set the progress bar's maximum to be the length of the audio clip
in seconds, you can just increment the progress bar by 1 via a
one-second periodic Timer, keeping the per-increment logic to a minimum.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com