Thanks Megha  ,
it turns out  that my AndroidManifest.xml has this a mistake
On May 23, 3:53 am, "Megha Joshi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems like the Service may not be declared correctly in the
> AndroidManifest.xml. Your declaration should be something like the one
> below:
>
>  <service android:name=".AYmsgService" android:process=":remote">
>             <intent-filter>
>                 <!-- These are the interfaces supported by the service,
> which
>                      you can bind to. -->
>                 <action android:name="com.service.test.IAYmsgService" />

in this part actually.

>                 <action android:name="com.service.test.REMOTE_SERVICE" />
>             </intent-filter>
>         </service>
>
>  You did not provide your mBinder instantiation code, but I am assuming you
> got that part right.
>
> Let us know if it works!
>
> -Megha
>
> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Ahmy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[cut]
but what is the " android:process=":remote" " use for ?
in my manifest, i didn't include it but it seems to work fine.
any way the service and the activity are in the same application.
is it always in the same process ?