Wouldn't the groups be more useful to everyone if Google would stop
supporting the newsgroup spammers? Why is Google giving them free
advertising when Google's own business is supposed to be based on non-
free advertising? Google thinks they have a way to compete with free?
Does Google just want to confuse their own legitimate ads with the
various scams the spammers are pushing? Hey Google. The spammers are
EVIL. Why are you helping them?

How about if Google immediately and automatically hides the spam as
soon as a credible "Report this message" complaint arrives? Then
someone at Google can check at their leisure.

If you agree with this idea, or if you have a better one, I urge you
to talk to Google. Maybe if a lot of us encourage Google to do better,
then we will help make the Internet more valuable for all of us.