OK. There was an error in my intent definition. It works now!

The following question is about security.

>From within a service within server.apk; I want to enforce a check
such that only a list of packages can call it.
I will do this via PackageManager.checkPermission( .. );

The problem with this is that it doesn't stop impersonation.

I'm interested in the signature field in AndroidManifest. Is that
signature meant to represent a digital signature of app ?
Assuming that's the case; I forsee that I will need to:-

a) embed the public key of the author of the app in my server.apk
b) verify the digsig during the first call. Subsequent calls will not
need re-verification.

Is this doable ?

Regards,

Gavin