Yes I believe the permissions for an application will come into play.

Android apps register for permissions in the manifest and that should
I think, translate to a user query (I seem to recall one of the
android
Q & A seeions going over this same question) when the appliation
executes so for your application to phone Fiji it would need a
permission
(android.permission.CALL_PHONE??) to access DIALER permissions;
however

the problem would still possibly occur if the application masqueraded
as
a genuine user of DIALER so that the user resonse to

"Application X needs to be able to dial out - Allow Y/N" (or whatever)

would be a Yes, because it seems to be a genuine requirement - but if
it
then somehow went on to dial Fiji without the user knowing you would
still get the charge. My understanding is that the permissions are
very
specific so android.permission.CALL_PHONE allows an application to
access the dialer but not necessarily to have a "silent" phone
connection
occurring in the background.

Here is a link to the permissions

http://code.google.com/android/reference/android/Manifest.permission.html