Ahmy wrote:
> mm.. basically im creating a client messenger. the tab reveal when
> user wants to chat to some user.
> and the tab close when user no longer want to see the chat window.
> the reason im doing this is because i just wanted a single activity.
> and its only for testing my client messenger library.
> single activity can reduce the complexity because the activity only
> for a sample of how using this library.

Have you tried removeView() on both the TabHost and TabWidget? That
method should be available on both, since they inherit from ViewGroup.
Calling it to remove the tab details and the tab itself from the host
and widget, respectively, might do the trick.

If that doesn't work -- and I hate to sound like a broken record here --
  you could "roll your own" tab-like view using ViewFlipper, where
removeView() should work.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com