I would like to say that for Android community it would be a must if
we could get new SDK releases.

I think that Android team should go to the following link at FSF.org

http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyDoesTheGPLPermitUsersToPublishTheirModifiedVersions

You would find the following text :

    The GPL does not require you to release your modified version, or
any part of it. You are free to make modifications and use them
privately, without ever releasing them. This applies to organizations
(including companies), too; an organization can make a modified
version and use it internally without ever releasing it outside the
organization.

    But if you release the modified version to the public in some way,
the GPL requires you to make the modified source code available to the
program's users, under the GPL.

    Thus, the GPL gives permission to release the modified program in
certain ways, and not in other ways; but the decision of whether to
release it is up to you.

It seems to me that, as soon as Android team publish new SDK release
to the winners (including Linux and other GPL code) they should
publish it with GPL license and it should be public to all of us.

I would like to have official Android team opinion about that, it
seems to me very important.

I just cannot believe that Android team could made some major GPL
violation with the agreement of Google legal division.
Sometime we make mistake, sometime it is better to correct them.

Regards

Andre Charles Legendre