On Jun 30, 10:35 am, "André Charles Legendre"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Joa
>
> You seems to forget the main things :
>
> Does Android SDK need to be open source as using a lot of Open Source code ?

Dalvik demonstrates that they went to great lenghts to avoid
dependencies on their part, e.g. having to rely on Sun Java. And even
if they were in violation. We'd be buidling on a system that's
compromised even more than it is at this point. Developers don't have
an interest in sinking their platform. But are they crazy enough to
hang in there to get pounded in you know where? At this point... I've
stopped working. Android has been pitched as "open source" all along.
Where is the "dual strategy" coming from all of a sudden? It is
mislieading to announce the release of parts of Android as open source
"in the future" when in reality Google started marching in the
opposite direction. What a shame. But I'm running in circles here...
Let's turn to the inside-trackers for a few thoughts though. Looks
like things for *those* guys might turn out really bad. Imagine: You
won, cashed in $25K, signed the papers and told all your friends and
family. Pride and joy. Now you go and you quit your dayjob, run to the
bank for credit. More money gets thrown at you. Just in time to start
worrying if you're next in line for a rude awakening. Man... the
carriers haven't even gotten involved yet and Google drive a wedge in
the community like that. Uh oh. In the end... some of the inside-
trackers might end up really messed.