Hello everyone,

we finally diagnosed the problem that causes the emulator's audio output to
be choppy on Windows Vista.

it turns out that you can work-around this emulator problem with increasing
the size of the audio buffer by changing an environment variable.
for example, open a command-line console and do:

1/ go to your $SDK/tools directory
2/ type "set QEMU_winaudio_SAMPLES=2048"
3/ start the emulator ("emulator <youroptions>")

it's not clear at the moment wether the problem comes from the emulator or
Vista's audio stack (it is likely to be an emulator problem,
but it's surprising to not see the problem on XP then). we'll try to
increase the default audio buffer size in a future release of the SDK.

hope this helps, and sorry for the annoyance.

PS: note that increasing the buffer size also increases the latency of the
audio input/output..