so we talking about “the phone” here.
http://www.blueradios.com/Bluetooth_Global_Certification_Requirements.pdf
The official certification process is available to Bluetooth SIG
members at www.bleutooth.org
For example, Apple had to go thru the certification process to have
the iPhone listed here:
http://www.bluetooth.com/Bluetooth/Products/Products/Product_Details.htm?ProductID=5777

There is only one Android phone that was announced and coming this
fall:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/18/AR2008081801201.html
It is unclear when other Android devices will become available at
retail.

>From marketing standpoint, it is important to know if an application
that uses RFCOMM to connect to a custom hardware via Bluetooth (e.g.
SplashPlay from challenge Top 50) will be able to run on this phone
immediately, in future or never.

Both your and my questions are important. I hope Google will answer
them all.