Hi!

I am actually using the http client library in order to comunicate
from my app to the server.
The problem is that I want also the server to send some kind of
"events" to the phone..so I need also to open a comunication from the
central server to the phone... In this case, the phone will act as a
server receiving the events...

That is why I was thinking about sending the events from the central
server using SMS...but if I cannot avoid others to receive those SMS,
this option is not valid either... Gtalk was the other option, but
there is not GTalk in 0.9..

I do not want either to use polling (the phone asking the server for
events from time to time)

Any other option? wappush? sending SMS to a port associated to the app
like in J2ME?