Hi,
I have read many posts on the Android developers forum, however, I am
not able to resolve the problem.

I am trying to send SMS text message from one emulator instance to
another emulator instance on the same machine, but the second emulator
instance does not display the text message. If however, I use the
telnet window and send sms from there, the second emulator instance
displays the text message.
In the first emulator instance, I am using this code:-

SmsManager sm = SmsManager.getDefault();
sm.sendTextMessage("5555", null, "Hello world", null, null, null);

where the first parameter is the sendTo address, which is actually the
port# on which the second emulator is running.
I have used several options on this parameter value, such as the
device name "emulator-tcp-5555" and even the telnet port#  "5554".
However, the second emulator instance just does not display the text
message sent from the first emulator instance.

Following is the manifest of the sms sender activity:-
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
    package="com.orange.mobicomm.sms">
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.SEND_SMS" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_SMS" />
    <application android:icon="@drawable/icon">
        <activity android:name=".SMSSenderActivity"
android:label="@string/app_name">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
            </intent-filter>
        </activity>
    </application>
</manifest>