This is the way it will behave for 1.0.  We deliberately don't allow
the application to be involved in installation, so the system can take
care of everything and be able to completely clean up after the app is
removed.  You can do your initialization the first time the user
starts the app.

For updating, this is effectively a complete uninstall and then
reinstall of the app, just leaving its previous data around.  As such,
updating is the same as installing.  The user needs to be involved in
the update process anyway, so we expect them to go through the same
steps of updating, and then running the app as desired, and you can re-
initialize there.

Anyway, as I say this is the way it is for 1.0.  We certainly may
tweak things in future releases as we see what apps want to do and
what makes sense (and as the marketplace app evolves), but have no
plans at this point.