Hi, I had the same problem, also switched locale and it works...
Guess it has nothing do do with the locale itself, more with the way
the OS is formatting date, time, ...
So you have to make sure that not only the language is changed to
english but also the formatting rules.

I'm running MAC OS X and Eclipse 3.4, DDMS via the Eclipse
perspective.