I'm not really sure I understand what you want to do.  The protocol
for PICK is very simply: the data is the URI of items you want to pick
from, and the result returned is a URI of the one that was picked, as
described here:

http://code.google.com/android/reference/android/content/Intent.html#ACTION_PICK

There is no EXTRA_INTENT involved.  As long as you have the data set
to a URI of items, and there is an activity that can pick from that
MIME type (which there may not necessarily be depending on what you
are trying to pick from), then it will work.