Hi,

I try to add filter search to my application, query search works fine.
I can type in a search term press enter and the result is presented.
However, I don't get a new intent when I change the search term.

(from doc of SearchManager: You will receive a new ACTION_SEARCH
Intent each time the user enters or changes the search text. You must
receive and handle these new intents by overriding onNewIntent.)

I added the filterMode bit but nothing happens. What else do I have to
do in order to enable filter search?

Here is my
search xml:

<searchable xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
     android:label="@string/app_name"
     android:hint="@string/searchhint"
     android:icon="@drawable/application001a"
     android:searchMode="filterMode|filterModeQuickStart|
showSearchLabelAsBadge">
 </searchable>

and the manifest xml:

<activity android:name=".MainActivity"
                                        android:label="@string/app_name"
                                        android:icon="@drawable/application001a"

            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                <category
android:name="org.openintents.category.MAIN" />
            </intent-filter>

            <intent-filter>
                                <action
android:name="android.intent.action.SEARCH" />
                                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
                        </intent-filter>
                                android:resource="@xml/searchable" />
        </activity>

Cheers,