Hi

Take a look at this code

I would like to thank the other member of the group who help getting
this  code to work
thank you

    mapView = (MapView) findViewById(R.id.map);
    Drawable defaultMarker = getResources().getDrawable(
    R.drawable.mappin_red);

            // You HAVE to specify the bounds! It seems like the markers
are                      drawn
            // through Drawable.draw(Canvas) and therefore must have its
                    bounds set
            // before drawing.
         defaultMarker.setBounds(0, 0, defaultMarker.getIntrinsicWidth(),
               defaultMarker.getIntrinsicHeight());

   whereAmIOverlay = new WhereAmIOverlay(this,defaultMarker);
   mapView.getController().animateTo(currentPoint);
   mapView.getOverlays().add(whereAmIOverlay);

   zoomView = mapView.getZoomControls();
   zoomView.setLayoutParams(new ViewGroup.LayoutParams
   (ViewGroup.LayoutParams.WRAP_CONTENT,
    ViewGroup.LayoutParams.WRAP_CONTENT));
    mapView.addView(zoomView);
    mapView.displayZoomControls(true);

        mapView.getController().setZoom(16);
        mapView.setClickable(true);
        mapView.setEnabled(true);

public class WhereAmIOverlay extends ItemizedOverlay< OverlayItem>{

    private List<OverlayItem> mItemList = new ArrayList<OverlayItem>();
    WhereAmI whereAmI;
    GeoPoint geoPoint;
    Drawable marker;
    private Projection p;
    Point point;
    Paint paint;

    public WhereAmIOverlay(WhereAmI whereAmI,Drawable defaultMarker) {
        super(defaultMarker);
        this.whereAmI = whereAmI;
        paint = new Paint();
        mItemList.add(new OverlayItem(whereAmI.currentPoint , "Title",
"Snippet"));

        populate();
    }

    @Override
    public void draw(Canvas canvas, MapView mapView, boolean shadow) {
        // TODO Auto-generated method stub
        super.draw(canvas, mapView, true);

         p = mapView.getProjection();
         point =  p.toPixels(whereAmI.endCurrentPoint,null);

         canvas.drawCircle(point.x, point.y, 10, paint);

    }

    @Override
    protected OverlayItem createItem(int i) {

        return mItemList.get(i);
    }

    @Override
    public int size() {