I have just done a test to send a binary messege to a port using this
code in 1.0

SmsManager smsManager = SmsManager.getDefault();
short port = 16001;
smsManager.sendDataMessage("5556","5554", port, "Hola".getBytes(),
null, null);

I use two emulators, one is launched at 5554 and the other at 5556
and
I try to send the binary sms from 5554 to 5556.
In the 5556 phone I have launch an application with a
BroadcastReceiver in order to receive SMS Messages (but I do not know
how to specify the port)

The application does not failed. But the 5556 phone does not receive
anything.....
Instead, in the console I receive the following messege every time I
do a try
[2008-09-24 14:05:06 - ddms]ADB rejected shell command (ls -l /):

Strange but it seems that the adb is receiving the request...

Does anybody has an example on how to send/receive binary SMS to an
application port using sendDataMessage?

anywhere, were you able to do it?