Hi, here is my code

private boolean populateMenu(Menu menu) {
boolean result = super.onCreateOptionsMenu(menu);
MenuItem item1 = menu
.add(0, TAG_INSERT_ID, 0, R.string.menu_create);
item1.setAlphabeticShortcut('o');
item1.setIcon(R.drawable.add);
item1 = menu.add(0, TAG_REMOVE_ID, 0, R.string.menu_delete);
item1.setAlphabeticShortcut('i');
item1.setIcon(R.drawable.delete);
item1 = menu.add(0, TAG_EDIT_ID, 0, R.string.menu_edit);
item1.setAlphabeticShortcut('p');
item1.setIcon(R.drawable.rename);
item1 = menu.add(0, TAG_HELP_ID, 0, R.string.menu_rename);
item1.setAlphabeticShortcut('/');
item1.setIcon(R.drawable.help);
return result;
}

@Override
public boolean onCreateOptionsMenu(Menu menu) {
super.onCreateOptionsMenu(menu);
populateMenu(menu);
return true;
//return populateMenu(menu);
}

I've tried various combinations of this and couldn't find out what changed.

Thanks,
Teo

--
Teo (a.k.a. Teodor Filimon, Teominator)