I have an activity which is started by the intent set by my app in the
status bar. My activity uses the singleTop launchMode. I go through
the following sequence of events:

1) My activity is initially not visible.
2) I get a notification in the status bar. I click on the new
notification which starts my activity.
3) While my activity is still visible I get a new notification in the
status bar. I click on the new notification again.

My question is the following: What method should I override to learn
that my activity is being "started" when the user clicks on the
notification the second time?

I thought that onNewIntent should be called but it is not. onNewIntent
does get called each time I click on the notification if my activity
is initially started from the home screen (but not if it is initially
started by clicking on the notification).