Hi,
I think your problem depends on the format of the kml file you're
using.
It seems the kml parser used by ddms tool looks for placemark tags
inside it.

Open your kml and see if you can find a collection of <Placemark>
tags, each one reporting a single <coordinates> tag.
If not, try to get another kml.

Let me know if you solved your issue

Bye,

Stefano