Charlie,

Yes, I think we are saying ALMOST the same thing. But, I don't think &
is the Escaped Ampersand. I think it's just the Ampersand, and that's why
it's causing the problem.

As I say, I'm not a Unicode expert, but I think the proper sequence for an
escaped ampersand would be : & & I think that's how an escaped
ampersand would look in UTF-8. The ampersand escaping the ampersand :). Or,
of course the &

Sorry, I can't try it right now, but I'm interested to know if it works.
When I have time, I'll build an app to check it.

Sincerely,

Brad Gies

Brad Gies
27415 Greenfield Rd, # 2,
Southfield, MI, USA
48076
www.bgies.com  www.truckerphone.com
www.EDI-Easy.com  www.pricebunny.com

Moderation in everything, including abstinence