Hi,
     I am accessing Contacts data and passing that into a list. I want
to modify the data that I get from the database and then pass it to
the list view. Is there a way to do that ? This is what my OnCreate()
looks like.

        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        setContentView(R.layout.main);
        mCursor = getContentResolver().query(People.CONTENT_URI,
                                null, null, null, null);
        startManagingCursor(mCursor);
        ListAdapter adapter = new SimpleCursorAdapter(this,
R.layout.two_item_row, mCursor,

new String[] {People.NAME, People.NUMBER},

new int[] {R.id.text1, R.id.text2});

        setListAdapter(adapter);
    }

Do I need to create m own CursorAdapter (maybe inherit from
SimpleCursorAdapter??) If so then what methods do I need to override?

I also want to add a column that has data from some other source. Is
there  a way to do that?