                Bitmap bitmap = null;
        InputStream in = null;
        OutputStream out = null;
        int IO_BUFFER_SIZE=1*1024*1024;
        ImageView i = new ImageView(this);

        try {
            in = new BufferedInputStream(new
URL(url).openStream(),IO_BUFFER_SIZE);

            final ByteArrayOutputStream dataStream = new
ByteArrayOutputStream();
            out = new BufferedOutputStream(dataStream, 4 * 1024);
            copy(in, out);
            out.flush();

            final byte[] data = dataStream.toByteArray();
            bitmap = BitmapFactory.decodeByteArray(data, 0,
data.length);
           // i.setImageBitmap(bitmap);
        } catch (IOException e) {
            android.util.Log.e("IO", "Could not load buddy icon: "
+ this, e);
        } finally {
            closeStream(in);
            closeStream(out);
        }
        return bitmap;
        }

        private static void copy(InputStream in, OutputStream out) throws
        IOException {
                byte[] b = new byte[4 * 1024];
                int read;
                while ((read = in.read(b)) != -1) {
                    out.write(b, 0, read);
                }
            }

            /**
             * Closes the specified stream.
             *
             * @param stream The stream to close.
             */
            private static void closeStream(Closeable stream) {
                if (stream != null) {
                    try {
                        stream.close();
                    } catch (IOException e) {
                        android.util.Log.e("IO", "Could not close stream",
e);
                    }
                }
            }