whitehexagon wrote:
> Thanks for the clarification, I can stop pulling my hair out searching
> for a solution now :)

Hair is a terrible thing to waste. I speak from experience. :-(

> And I assume,
> possibly incorrectly, that it's impossible to bundle native libraries
> with applications?

If by "native libraries" you mean Linux shared libs (.so) accessed via
JNI, that is not supported in Android 1.0. The Android core team has
hinted that something along the lines of JNI is in the works.

If by "native libraries" you just mean plain ol' JARs, then yes, those
can be bundled with applications.

 > Which I suppose means I'll just have to wait until
> it's incorporated into the core distribution.

Only if it would need to be accessed through JNI.

> Where is the feature roadmap?

I wouldn't expect to see much on that front until the open source
release, presumed to be happening in or around October 22nd.

Or, more accurately, my sincere hope is that, at the point of the open
source release, the Android core team says "this is what we're working
on for the next Android release, and here is the process for providing
your own contributions to the Android core".

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com

Android Training on the Ranch! -- Mar 16-20, 2009
http://www.bignerdranch.com/schedule.shtml