You may need to give more information on what you are doing.  If the
flicker you are seeing is happening when you launch your app from the
home screen, this is not atually your app but a preview of it based on
its theme and such in the manifest.  If you can't make this match what
will ultimately run, you can set the theme to be something like a
dialog so the system won't show it (since without the content a dialog
won't look anything like what the user sees).  But if you do that, it
will feel like the app takes slower to launch.  Best is to have the
manifest set up so that the preview looks close to what they see so
the user can see this while the app is launching.