Thanks Hackbod! At this point I don't have OnTouchListener  set any
where other than top layout. So it's pretty simple.

My question was more on why OnTouchListener works differently on
layout as compared to other widget (say Button). On button, when you
try to drag it, you would receive ACTION_DOWN, ACTION_MOVE or
ACTION_UP motion events. But on layout, you never receive any thing
other than ACTION_DOWN. Is that expected?